American Solar Direct - Horrible dont do business with this crap company

First they called me 300x on my cell my house and my wife's phone this bull name Jason i told them i live in a private house that can't fit panels on my roof because of doggy dormers they insisted on coming came and said they cant do it and called me another 300x what the xxck ! Annoying as *** what do the *** in the corporate office think sipping their Starbucks people are going to take their annoying none stop calling when you call like that no one wants to do business with you American solar losers

American Solar Direct - Terminate contract

Additional Fees

I can’t get ahold of America solar direct but they keep withdrawing funds from my account

Comments

were you able to get a hold of anyone i am having the same trouble let me know if you were able to resolve your situation I am beyond frustrated. The billing department is happy to take my money but zero customer service available and so many numbers disconnected!

So unhappy! Please advise

American Solar Direct - Worst company

We got our house with the panels already on the house. American solar delayed the closing on the house due to them holding up the paper work.

After we got the house they sent me a bill with the wrong closing date. They wanted to charge me for the solar when I didn't even own the house. Worst customer service in the world. I keep calling them and of course I got a different person every time.

I even up just paying the bill because I just wanted to get it over with. Now I just got a letter the American Solar is now ASD Solar. Which is the same company. I called the customer service to find out about my billing of course they gave me the run around and told me to call another number.

I called that number and I got the run around on that number.

They gave me another number. I called that number and it is a collection company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Customer Care.

I didn't like: The, Force of ownership through escrow.

American Solar Direct - My Edison Annual Fee is THROUGH THE ROOF

Additional Fees

My yearly edison charge is terrifying. This last december i received a bill for approx $1200.

I'm locked into a monthly fee of $184 with ASD and have been getting a monthly bill from edison for about $1.50. Thats what I was promised and thats what i expected when i signed with ASD. They said they couldnt get me totally off the grid. But what they did NOT warn me about was SOCAL EDISON charging me an annual usage fee.

My utility bills are higher now than before I signed a contract. i consider this a breach of contract.

I am ready to join a class action suite. Where do i sign up?

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Unreliable.

I didn't like: Are bankrupt and left us high and dry.

American Solar Direct

Have been calling this company for months to service my panels. Out of business.

Number for customer service is a collection agency. I have stopped paying and am putting aside this money in case I have to replace or repair my leased panels. ASD has breached their contract. Why should I keep paying for a company that is out of business?

I feel that paying for a service that I am not getting is not what I agreed on when we decided to lease panels for 20 years.

All I want is for someone to return my calls. I am now writing a certified letter to ASD telling them that I have been forced to stop paying in order to get a return call.

American Solar Direct - Shelling out Money for Solar that Doesnet Work

Additional Fees

So, with American Solar Direct bankrupt and WGL Energy Systems taking over, there is no light at the end of the tunnel to any of this resolved. I currently have a few panels not working, but at least WGL has reached out to me.

The main issue is that the company is not designed to deal with residential solar, monitoring, maintenance, repair/replace, etc., of any of our panels. They have contracted out to Helio Power for us in Lake Elsinore, but now I can’t get ahold of anyone.

Has anyone contacted a lawyer for a class action lawsuit (BREACH OF CONTRACT!!!)? I do not want to mess with my credit either, but paying 100.00 a month for non-operational panels is absurd.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Are bankrupt and left us high and dry.

Comments

Have you got a solution yet? my solar system does not work now. I am thinking about stopping payments.

American Solar Direct - WTH!!!

What are we supposed to do? We have a contract!!! Is ASD not going to be held accountable for that?

American Solar Direct - Faulty Panels

Additional Fees

I purchased my home in 4/2016 and took over a 20 year lease. I have never had solar panels and was actually looking forward to not having a huge electric bill.

We are paying our monthly fee to American Solar and for the past 8 mons we are getting electric bill from SDGE higher then our solar bill. Spoke with my neighbors who has a similar home with no AC and a small Jacuzzi and they don't have panels and our SDGE bill is the same amount but they don't have solar panels.

As of today I have been trying to contact and work with American to see if they can fix the faulty panels and no one is getting back to me, however every time you call you are reminded they are a debt collector (more like a mafia) you don't pay they ruin your credit. I don't understand really what is going on??

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Unreliable.

Comments

Stop paying your bill. I know it’s a bit scary, but that’s the only language they understand.

They don’t have the resources to even touch your credit right now anyway.

We haven’t paid our bill in 11 months now and when they call, the times I do answer, I tell them we’re not paying until they get the portal working so we can see exactly what our panels are generating online. Viva la resistance!

to David #1407329

American Solar Direct - Bad customer service/ wont return calls

We are in a 30 day escrow to sell house and the escrow company has made numerous calls to them to get new owners name in lease and they will not respond!!! If we lose sale of house because of this , what action can we take?? Sept 30 is the 30th day.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Customer Care.

American Solar Direct - They might as well put on ski masks!!

1.1
Additional Fees

That seems to be the case across the board for all of us who leased. No notice at least on my end.

The only way I found out was because it seems my solar system isn't producing as promised or expected. Even when the system online was showing it was Edison showed differently. So one or both companies are deceiving!!! Regardless , the company is bankrupt but the payment of course is still being taken!

ASD always used the tactics of everything is ok and no we can't do this or that. You're stuck to a contract. But now that the company is gone now we are to wait and see what trustee is appointed and keep making payments on services that aren't being rendered or needed. Of course here comes government to bail them out and who's stuck with the short end of the stick???

The families who leased or own the ASD panels. Sounds very similar to the GM and motor companies who got the bail out!

Shady in all levels!!! No one accountable!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Sounds like you got the long end of the stick. Solar system on your roof with no upfront payment that is still generating power for cheaper then electric company sells you power. Turn off your auto pay and tell them thier are things in your contract not being honored so your not paying.....

to Joseph #1386698

Dude- this is not so easy. They can come and damage our credit. Also potentially place a lien on our property.

Not similar at all to the major bailouts.

Those companies are known in the trade as " too big to fail " with a ripple effect that could cause tons of problems for us all.

The company mentioned here doesn't qualify for that.

Bankruptcy is a miserable procedure for everyone. People folding and sticking me with a bill was not uncommon in my business career.

Advice : avoid contracts, they are not written for YOUR benefit.