American Solar Direct - My Edison Annual Fee is THROUGH THE ROOF

Additional Fees

My yearly edison charge is terrifying. This last december i received a bill for approx $1200.

I'm locked into a monthly fee of $184 with ASD and have been getting a monthly bill from edison for about $1.50. Thats what I was promised and thats what i expected when i signed with ASD. They said they couldnt get me totally off the grid. But what they did NOT warn me about was SOCAL EDISON charging me an annual usage fee.

My utility bills are higher now than before I signed a contract. i consider this a breach of contract.

I am ready to join a class action suite. Where do i sign up?

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Unreliable.

I didn't like: Are bankrupt and left us high and dry.

American Solar Direct - Faulty Panels

Additional Fees

I purchased my home in 4/2016 and took over a 20 year lease. I have never had solar panels and was actually looking forward to not having a huge electric bill.

We are paying our monthly fee to American Solar and for the past 8 mons we are getting electric bill from SDGE higher then our solar bill. Spoke with my neighbors who has a similar home with no AC and a small Jacuzzi and they don't have panels and our SDGE bill is the same amount but they don't have solar panels.

As of today I have been trying to contact and work with American to see if they can fix the faulty panels and no one is getting back to me, however every time you call you are reminded they are a debt collector (more like a mafia) you don't pay they ruin your credit. I don't understand really what is going on??

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Unreliable.

Comments

Stop paying your bill. I know it’s a bit scary, but that’s the only language they understand.

They don’t have the resources to even touch your credit right now anyway.

We haven’t paid our bill in 11 months now and when they call, the times I do answer, I tell them we’re not paying until they get the portal working so we can see exactly what our panels are generating online. Viva la resistance!

to David #1407329

So, with American Solar Direct bankrupt and WGL Energy Systems taking over, there is no light at the end of the tunnel to any of this resolved. I currently have a few panels not working, but at least WGL has reached out to me.

The main issue is that the company is not designed to deal with residential solar, monitoring, maintenance, repair/replace, etc., of any of our panels. They have contracted out to Helio Power for us in Lake Elsinore, but now I can’t get ahold of anyone.

Has anyone contacted a lawyer for a class action lawsuit (BREACH OF CONTRACT!!!)? I do not want to mess with my credit either, but paying 100.00 a month for non-operational panels is absurd.

American Solar Direct - They might as well put on ski masks!!

1.1
Additional Fees

That seems to be the case across the board for all of us who leased. No notice at least on my end.

The only way I found out was because it seems my solar system isn't producing as promised or expected. Even when the system online was showing it was Edison showed differently. So one or both companies are deceiving!!! Regardless , the company is bankrupt but the payment of course is still being taken!

ASD always used the tactics of everything is ok and no we can't do this or that. You're stuck to a contract. But now that the company is gone now we are to wait and see what trustee is appointed and keep making payments on services that aren't being rendered or needed. Of course here comes government to bail them out and who's stuck with the short end of the stick???

The families who leased or own the ASD panels. Sounds very similar to the GM and motor companies who got the bail out!

Shady in all levels!!! No one accountable!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Sounds like you got the long end of the stick. Solar system on your roof with no upfront payment that is still generating power for cheaper then electric company sells you power. Turn off your auto pay and tell them thier are things in your contract not being honored so your not paying.....

to Joseph #1386698

Dude- this is not so easy. They can come and damage our credit. Also potentially place a lien on our property.

Not similar at all to the major bailouts.

Those companies are known in the trade as " too big to fail " with a ripple effect that could cause tons of problems for us all.

The company mentioned here doesn't qualify for that.

Bankruptcy is a miserable procedure for everyone. People folding and sticking me with a bill was not uncommon in my business career.

Advice : avoid contracts, they are not written for YOUR benefit.

American Solar Direct - They never billed us for a system that never worked correctly and then received a letter from collections to pay appx. $850.00 within 5 days or it will go on my PERFECT credit.

1.5
Additional Fees

We had American solar direct to install our solar panels in Feb. The tech never came by to turn it on and the meter never worked.

We were supposed to pay $124.00 monthly for the system. I called several times to ask why we never received a bill. At the end of June we got a letter stating that we must pay $850.00 within 55 days or it would be sent to collection.

I'm not sure what to do now. What's the point paying the bill if I can never reach anyone in the company?

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

That's because me and every other sales-filth who worked there were trained to lie, cheat, and steal every penny we could at appointments. Nothing we said was real.

All lies. We're liars, sociopaths, and little more than rats looking for any scrap of your life to eat so we can survive.

American Solar Direct - Not sure what you'd expect to find on this site

4.6

I'm sorry, but the whole premise of this site is off. It's information bias on overload.

If you're looking for pissed consumers and disgruntled employees, you've come to the right place. If I could give American Solar Direct some advice: stop hiring whiners with bad spelling and grammar. My experience with American Solar Direct was as I expected: a construction project with some minor complications along the way including an electrical panel upgrade that seemed to take longer than it should of.

Overall, I thought they were good to work with (my salesman had been with them for a few years and appeared happy with his lot in life) and my solar system is operating as expected. I'd recommend them.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Solar Power System.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I didn't like: Could have been a little faster.

Comments

Don't be talking about other's bad grammar when you write ungrammatically as well: it should be "should HAVE" not "should of." Lol. I see this mistake often and find it very odd and ignorant.

Hi there, ASD employee at the corporate HQ! Wait...you don't actually think this fooled anyone, do you?

LOL. You poor thing.

Been laid off yet? Don't worry...you will be soon enough.

Only a matter of time. Hahaha!