American Solar Direct offered us a $3,000 cash back offer/incentive that was part of our solar agreement in order to match a competitor's price and secure our business.However, they have not paid up.
Our agreement paperwork with ASD regarding the $3,000 cash back offer clearly states that they were supposed to mail the money within 15 days of system interconnection. The process with ASD to get the solar installed took inordinately long, from late-August when we signed our agreement to mid-December when the system was turned on. There were at least 10 weeks of delays that can directly be traced to ASD's negligence. They did not meet their deadline for project completion and it could not be blamed on any other company or agency.
We know this for certain, because we have spoken with all parties involved from the City permitting office to Southern California Edison. During the long process, we called ASD multiple times to confirm that the cash back incentive was in process and would be sent to us automatically. Each time we were assured it was. Our system was finally turned on December 9, 2015.
When the $3,000 cash back offer did not arrive within 15 days, I called again and was told that they were "running behind" and we would get the check within 30-60 days. When 30 days passed I called again and was told they would look into it and try to rush the check. I called again when it was nearing 60 days and still no check had arrived, but I was told I couldn't even be given an update as to when the check would be mailed. They do not deny they owe us the money, but it appears that American Solar Direct is having severe financial difficulties.
I've spoken with their customer service manager multiple times and he swears that is not the case, but cannot provide any reason why our funds are being held-up. Furthermore, there is no legitimate excuse as to why ASD would be "running behind" on paying our cash back incentive that was agreed upon in August 2015, nearly half a year ago. $3,000 is A LOT of money to a family like ours and not having this money is causing us a great deal of hardship, because we were expecting it.
We feel that ASD has given us nothing but "the runaround" as well as given us false and misleading information as to when we would receive this money.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Breach of contract
- Reason of review:
- Breach of Contract
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asd Solar Power System
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Filtered Carlsbad, Ca water became undrinkable after only 1.5 weeks: NEW 23 cup dispenser and NEW Zerowater filters used. Sterile technique was used during setup; standard lab exclusion..."
- "You don't really have to spend $250 to save $0.25 per gallon of gas. There is always sales at Winn-Dixie that allow the customer, or guest, to save an extra..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "This is the the worst book ever ! Don't Buy this rude book The book is really annoying I don't love penguins they ssssssssssstinks I saay don'g boy the book this is a..."
- "Notice, they are all Lower Case (names) this is so staff doesnt have to waste time Capitalizing the First and Last initial (You used to be able to somewhat tell this way..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."