American Solar Direct is currently in breach of contract with us.
American Solar Direct offered us a $3,000 cash back offer/incentive that was part of our solar agreement in order to match a competitor's price and secure our business.However, they have not paid up.
Our agreement paperwork with ASD regarding the $3,000 cash back offer clearly states that they were supposed to mail the money within 15 days of system interconnection. The process with ASD to get the solar installed took inordinately long, from late-August when we signed our agreement to mid-December when the system was turned on. There were at least 10 weeks of delays that can directly be traced to ASD's negligence. They did not meet their deadline for project completion and it could not be blamed on any other company or agency.
We know this for certain, because we have spoken with all parties involved from the City permitting office to Southern California Edison. During the long process, we called ASD multiple times to confirm that the cash back incentive was in process and would be sent to us automatically. Each time we were assured it was. Our system was finally turned on December 9, 2015.
When the $3,000 cash back offer did not arrive within 15 days, I called again and was told that they were "running behind" and we would get the check within 30-60 days. When 30 days passed I called again and was told they would look into it and try to rush the check. I called again when it was nearing 60 days and still no check had arrived, but I was told I couldn't even be given an update as to when the check would be mailed. They do not deny they owe us the money, but it appears that American Solar Direct is having severe financial difficulties.
I've spoken with their customer service manager multiple times and he swears that is not the case, but cannot provide any reason why our funds are being held-up. Furthermore, there is no legitimate excuse as to why ASD would be "running behind" on paying our cash back incentive that was agreed upon in August 2015, nearly half a year ago. $3,000 is A LOT of money to a family like ours and not having this money is causing us a great deal of hardship, because we were expecting it.
We feel that ASD has given us nothing but "the runaround" as well as given us false and misleading information as to when we would receive this money.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Breach of contract
- Reason of review:
- Breach of Contract
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asd Solar Power System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "I purchased a Piazetta wood stove through an installer who obtained it from Pacific Energy. The unit broke down every 2 weeks it was used during the winter of 2013-2014...."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "Notice, they are all Lower Case (names) this is so staff doesnt have to waste time Capitalizing the First and Last initial (You used to be able to somewhat tell this way..."
- "This is the the worst book ever ! Don't Buy this rude book The book is really annoying I don't love penguins they ssssssssssstinks I saay don'g boy the book this is a..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."