American Solar Direct - Worst company

We got our house with the panels already on the house. American solar delayed the closing on the house due to them holding up the paper work.

After we got the house they sent me a bill with the wrong closing date. They wanted to charge me for the solar when I didn't even own the house. Worst customer service in the world. I keep calling them and of course I got a different person every time.

I even up just paying the bill because I just wanted to get it over with. Now I just got a letter the American Solar is now ASD Solar. Which is the same company. I called the customer service to find out about my billing of course they gave me the run around and told me to call another number.

I called that number and I got the run around on that number.

They gave me another number. I called that number and it is a collection company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Customer Care.

I didn't like: The, Force of ownership through escrow.

American Solar Direct - Bad customer service/ wont return calls

We are in a 30 day escrow to sell house and the escrow company has made numerous calls to them to get new owners name in lease and they will not respond!!! If we lose sale of house because of this , what action can we take?? Sept 30 is the 30th day.

American Solar Direct - Call me 3+ times per day from ghosted phone #

Additional Fees

I've tried getting a callback number, or contact info, they hang up. They won't remove me from list.

Curt and rude. You are paying jerks to drum up business.

American Solar Direct - Problem when selling house

We sold our house (with ASD solar panels) and the new owner qualified for the lease but because of ASD filing bankruptcy, the lease cannot be transferred until a Trustee is appointed. Contacted ASD billing several times who stalled and said they were waiting to hear from Customer Service and the lease was not transferred.

We had to get a lawyer involved, and both the selling and buying Agents to try and resolve the issue.

So we keep getting bills from ASD and "past due" notices! Will never lease solar panels again and it looks like ASD will not be around anyway!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Customer Care.

Reason of review: Transfer lease to new owner.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Transfer of lease.

• Lease Transfer Problems

American Solar Direct - Liars, Liars, Liars!!!!

Additional Fees

the system installed but no one knows how to get the unit started. "will have crew in area in two weeks " that's been since Dec 2016.

now have to pay electric company plus financing the unit....... wow sure saving me lots of $$$$ NOT! never return phone calls just try calling for customer care supervisor, this is the most unbuisness tactics I've ever dealt with. makes me feel like a *** believing the bull s--t that was told to me.

to have break downs and employees calling in sick is understandable, but to outright lie is a crime . how can you work for a company that promotes these ways.

what a piece of ---t !!!!! if anyone of you employees have the balls to set this straight please, please step forward,, there is no future with a company that uses these tactics

Product or Service Mentioned: American Solar Direct Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Turn me on.

Comments

i am an asd customer . i can no longer monitor my systems performance due to website down or no recent data being posted.

my contract includes monitoring.

i feel if they do not resolve that issue they are in breach of their contract.

i would like to find out more about a class action lawsuit.

anyone else?

Oakley, California, United States #1340065

I cannot get a hold of them either. The panels are up and running but the website in which I monitor the panels has been down forever and I cant get anyone to call me back. stevebsouza@yahoo.com

Castaic, California, United States #1336649

We are seeking legal counsel, so please let us know if you do the same. We cannot get anyone to answer the phones, no answers, no help.

I read the contract and feel they are in breach due to insolvency and bankruptcy. We should not have to pay to be ripped off.

to Frustrated #1360212

let me know if you get council

Orange, California, United States #1336234

I have had my system up and running for two years now and do not have enough panels to offset the promised yearly bill. They told me in the contract my elec bill would be any higher than 7 dollars per month.

Just got my yearly bill from the electric co. For just under 400 dollars. Tried to get in touch with them for the last month and found out the went belly up. That's right they went out of business and now who monitors my palens and what about the 25 year warranty?

I'm super pissed about the whole *** thing. I talked to an ex employee and he told me that poor upper mgt was to blame for going under

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1323403

I'm in the same situation. Plus they sent a sub contractor to do the work and they didn't get paid so they are going after my house with a lien.

Not good.

Please let me know if you did something or plan on doing something about it as well. Thanks

You've got no hope, pal. I worked there for years.

The company is run by lying, thieving *** scam-artists from top to bottom. The sales people are trained to lie. The guys in the field do garbage work and don't care. I'm sorry they screwed you over, but it's what they do.

NEVER do business with American Solar Direct. They are complete filth, every last one of them.

View more comments